Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Strawberry Rhubarb Jam

I bought strawberries to make my annual strawberry-rhubarb jam. It turned out that my own
Almost enough for my jam without
buying any, but did have to buy some.
strawberry plants produced almost enough berries for the batch, just needed to add a small amount of the less flavorful store-bought ones.
The jam is good, but still a little runny - can't seem to get it just right these days. They are gelled at the top and liquid at the bottom. I find that when I open a new jar, if I stir it up it seems to thicken a little bit more in the fridge.


Rhubarb from the old garden that hasn't been moved yet.
(This is an older picture, if it looks familiar to you.)


The strawberry bed really needs to be revamped. I probably won't use the 4x8 raised bed this time so I will have to come up with a new plan. Stay tuned.

And the rhubarb that has been moved is still very weak compared to at it's old home. Taking a few years so far to get re-established.

No comments:

Post a Comment